Are you going to be sporting this latest trend?
Colored pants.... this look takes me back to my high school years in the early 80's, I don't see myself repeating the trend, mainly because I don't have pencil thin legs and this isn't an area on my body I like to highlight, lol!
From the royals to celebrities, this look is hitting the streets this Spring, here's a sneak peak of how it's being worn and by whom.
Kate Middleton, can she not look good in something? She wore these bright tangerine jeans to visit Great Britain's hockey team last year and the fashion world took notice. She did a great job pulling off the look with style and grace and in the process, making the trend an instant hit with the world's fashionistas.
Recognize any of these familiar faces?
As you can see from these images, the color spectrum is vast with this style. While the tangerines and pinks have been popular as of late, the other colors such as blue, green, yellow, etc. are starting to pick up speed. If these colors aren't bold enough for you, no worries, they are also available in patterns.
Now for some tips on wearing these the right way.
- If you are going to choose very bright or neon colors then keep the top half plain. good contrasting colors are navy, white, black, brown and grey.
- If you want to make the look a little more sophisticated finish it off with a well-cut tailored blazer.
- Nude toned shoes work great with this look but don't be afraid to experiment, just keep in mind, the simpler the better.
- Some color combinations can be a bit much such as black and yellow, cute bumblebee is not usually the image one wants to project.
- Keep that in mind for orange and black too, a bit Halloweenish.